Job Opportunity: Judicial Research Assistants
Via the IrishLaw email list comes news of this exciting opportunity:
Applications are invited for the post of Judicial Research Assistant in the Courts Service. Appointments are for a maximum period of two years. Judicial Research Assistants provide a legal research support to members of the Irish Judiciary. The posts are based in the Judges Library, Four Courts, Dublin. The successful candidates must have:
- A law degree at a minimum standard of 2:1
- An extensive knowledge of Irish Law and the Irish legal system
- The ability to use information technology
- An extensive knowledge of modern research methods and materials
- A proven ability to edit and proof read documents
- A proven ability to identify legal issues and write concisely about them
Applicants must be in a position to take up the post on a fulltime basis early in 2010.
A good knowledge of Irish and in particular an ability to read and understand legal materials in the Irish language would be an advantage.
Remuneration for this post as at 18th November 2009 is the sum of EUR32,074 per annum.
Application form and Information booklet are available here
Applicants should send their completed application form by email to competitions[at]courts.ie marked Research Assistant Competition, or by post to Fiona Tormey, Human Resources Directorate, Courts Service, Phoenix House 15/24 Phoenix Street North, Dublin 7, marked Research Assistant Competition, not later than 4.00 pm on Friday 11th December 2009.