Budget 2010: Live Blogging and Blog Carnival (Expressions of Interest)
These postings could potentially include human rights analysis in the following areas:
- Impact on human rights and equality institutions in the State, in particular after the draconian cut backs from Budget 2009;
- The impact of potential cutbacks on economic, social and cultural rights at home (i.e. in the broad sense, from rise in taxes, to cuts in social welfare and other public programmes) and abroad (Irish Aid);
- The right to work and budget measures in place that may assist in this right’s realisation;
- The impact of the budget on sectoral groups: workers; the unemployed; the disabled; single parents; immigrants etc.
- Other budgetary implications for human rights in Ireland.
As well as relying on the in-house expertise of Human Rights in Ireland bloggers, those in the human rights, community, voluntary and other related sectors are invited to submit proposals for commentary that they may wish to make on the budget. Blog posts should be between 400-1,000 words (max).
Those interested may contact me at email@example.com (before 1 December 2009) so that a full Blog Programme can be ready to upload throughout International Human Rights Day.